Thursday, November 3, 2011

Costumes These Days

Dear Fashion Designers of the World,
October is a cold time of year, particularly the end of October. In case you're unaware, that's when Halloween takes place. I had to wear a jacket over my gypsy costume this year. It's made of thin polyester, but it's far from the coldest. Nearly all Halloween costumes for teenage girls I see in stores and catologues look something like this, minus the leggings.

I believe you are unaware that some of us live outside of  Florida.
Temperature aside, have you considered the modesty issues? Everybody talks about the appaling dress standards of teenagers these days-particularly the tank tops and short shorts you see girls wearing in the summer. That's the season that does not take place in October in the Northern Hemisphere, where I happen to live.
The general population seem to believe teenagers want to wear low cut, low rising, tight clothes. We don't get to design and manufacture the clothes. We're the ones who have to wear them.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! It is so true!!! I have now had to make my own WARM Halloween costumes so I won't get cold. Also, when it is cold you have to wear a jacket or something and then it covers up the entire costume. It also seems to happen with the little kids too.

    ReplyDelete