Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dear Anonymous


Anonymous said...
Where did you get the Shakespeare quote? Is it even real??
It's called the wonderful world of the internet. I was searching for quotes about teenagers (see previous post As An Old Dead Guy Said...) and stumbled upon it.
And I repeat:
'Shakespeare once said, "I would there were no age between ten and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest, for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the anciently, stealing, fighting. I will now go forth to write something poetic and complicated youth four hundred years from now will be forced to read in school."
At least, he said the first part.'
The part that actually sounds like Shakespeare with a quill. Not the part the sounds like Eliza typing up a post between homework assignments.

And no, my hair does not look like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment